For the partial fulfillment of program requirement, USQ will consider your relevant studies, work experience and job training deemed equivalent in objectives, standard and/or content.
- Exemptions will be granted for relevant studies successfully completed in the past five years. In some circumstances exemptions may be considered for studies successfully completed in the past 10 years. Such studies would need to have been offered by an institution recognised by the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) or by an institution adjudged as equivalent.
- Exemptions will not be granted towards any program of less than eight (8) credit points.
- Exemptions should be applied for BEFORE start of study. Documentation that you may need to provide includes academic transcripts, previous qualification certificates, course outlines, and your resume. Please provide original certified copies of original documents.
- Any change to exemption policy is NOT retrospective. Any exemptions already processed will not be subject to change and any new applications will be considered on the basis of the policy at that time.
- Assessment of the relative standing of overseas academic qualifications will be obtained from the National Office of Overseas Skills Recognition (NOOSR), Canberra. The decision of this office will be regarded as final.
- For awards from private and commercially accredited tertiary institutions, assessment will be made on an individual basis. You should provide as much information as possible, including entry standard, duration of program, method of assessment, structure of program and any recognition by other tertiary institutions or professional bodies.
- MPA Students applying for an exemption based on previous studies at an overseas university are required to submit an Chartered Accountants or CPA Australia Assessment of Overseas Qualifications letter with their exemption application. Exemptions will be approved based on the advice from ICAA or CPA. USQ’s Enrolments Policy section 3.5 Course Exemptions from the Academic Regulations still applies and must be adhered to in relation to all exemption applications.
Please refer to the Credit and Exemption Procedure for further information.